Mayank’s Murder Mystery Part - II

 Mayank’s Murder Mystery

Part - II




After two days,

Jayant got a called from hospital with postmortem report. The report stated that the cause of death of Mayank was due to poison in food. He was in deep thoughts. He asked to Nikam to collect the report from hospital.

“What is the reason of the death sir?” Nikam asked.

“Hmm… Death was due to posion in his food”, Jayant told.

“Oh, so it is not a suicide?” Nikam said.

“No... We can’t say anything right now. Let’s put more attention in the case. We have to resolve this case as soon as possible”, Jayant said.

Then, Jayant and Nikam entered the IT Company, where Mayank worked before he died. They waited in the reception to meet his colleague Shyam.

Shyam came and introduced himself. He looked smart and decent with his attire.

“It was terrible to know about Mayank. I still can’t believe that he is no more”, he said with sorrow.

“Yes, I understand. Could you please tell me what happened that night?” Jayant asked politely.

“We usually spend our weekend night in pubs and even on that night we had a very good time in the pub. We left around 11:30 PM and we don’t have food in pub, so we get parcel from Hotel Maharashtra Darbar. He dropped me and went to home. In fact, he even called me when he reached home”, Shyam said.

“Where you under the influence of alcohol?”

“No sir, we went to pub only for dance”

“When did he call you?”

“1:30 AM”

Jayant asked Nikam to note down the time.

“Do you remember at what time he dropped you?”

“I think it was around 12:30 AM”

“How much time it takes to reach from your home to Mayank home?”

“Usually it takes around 15 minutes”

“Then why the hell it took more time for him to reach home?” Jayant busted.

Shyam voice was quivering, “It might be that girl”

“Who?”

“Riya, a pharmacy student”, Shyam said.

“Who is Riya? Is they both are in relationship?”

Jayant asked Nikam to note down the Shyam details.

Riya, doing her final year pharmacy in SPM Institute. She saw Mayank at coffee shop one day, since then she started stalking him. He was unable to tolerate her. She always crosses her limits. One day she proposed Mayank in public and when he denied, she threatened him to kill herself. And she used to send chocolate and sweets to him. I think she gave him something in that.

“Do you suspect any other persons?”

“Yes sir, Mayank and his uncle also have clashes related to their property. Hence he didn’t like to go his uncle’s home”.

“Thank you very much”, Jayant shook his hand and left the company.

“Sir, but how did this Riya killed him?” Nikam said curiously.

Jayant smiled and remained silent.

Next day,

Smartly dressed in civil uniform, Jayant stepped off along with Nikam into the SPM Institute.

They didn’t want to scare the students off by going in uniform.

Jayant went straight to the principal room to meet him and informed him that he had come to meet Riya as he wanted to question him on Mayank’s case. Principal asked the peon to take them to Riya.

In the canteen they noticed her. She looked beautiful and casually dressed. Jayant told her why he had come to meet her.

“I loved him so much. He was my life and I was ready to even die for him. Though he insulted me many times, still I loved him so much. But he left me”, Riya was moaning.

Jayant observed her and said, “He died because of poison in her food”, and noted her reaction. It was clearly seen that she didn’t expect this and she was shocked.

“Poison!”

“We are checking on his friends. And we came to know that you always send him chocolates and sweets, right Miss. Riya?” Jayant said.

“What! Are you suspecting me? I would rather die for him than kill him. And I didn’t sent him any sweets from past few days. In fact, I met him Friday night and pleaded him to marry me”, Riya said.

Jayant frowned Hearing that, “What are you saying?”

“I followed Mayank from Pub on that night. I stopped him on the road. We argued sometime and he wouldn’t consider my proposal and asked me to forget him”.

“How long did you argued with him?”

“Around 20 mins I think”, she said.

“Hmmm… that answers the question of why he reached home late that night”, Jayant thought.

 “Thank you very much for your cooperation”, Jayant said and left the campus.

Then he got a call from police station.

“I’m coming immediately”, Jayant cut the call and they went to police station.

TO BE CONTINUED …


- Shubham Avhad




Comments

Post a Comment