Mayank’s Murder Mystery Part - I

Mayank’s Murder Mystery 

Part - I





The phone rang in Indira Nagar police station. The constable Nikam receive this call and opposite man said, “There is one guy who did suicide in Gulmohar Heights of Sector 11”.

Then Nikam walked into the chamber of Sub-Inspector Jayant Jadhav and they all went to scene of crime.

Now, let me introduce Sub-Inspector Jayant Jadhav, 6 feet with short hair and brown eyes and most obviously a strong physic to suit his Police style. He has completed his 5 years of service as a cop. He gained respect and popularity among the people living in Indira Nagar because of his courage and ability to solve cases. And this is the first time after his posting to Indira Nagar, a suspicious death was reported in his area. So, he was all set to investigate and drove towards the scene.

“Good morning sir,” building watchman saluted Jayant with respect and opened the building gate.

“What is his name?” Jayant asked.

“Mayank Raut, sir”, He replied.

They walked into his room, where he laid on the carpet. He might be around 25 years old.

Jayant carefully observed the room for some time, but he didn’t find any sign of manhandling. He cautiously viewed all the rooms with amenities like sofa, fridge, cupboard, bed and made a note of it.

“Who first saw him?” Jayant asked watchman.

“Chandabai, sir, she is his maid”, he said showing a lady who was crying on other side.

Jayant asked Nikam to note down each detail carefully and take few photos of scene. Then Jayant went to talk to her.

“Can you explain me what had actually happened madam?” Jayant asked.

She wiped her eyes and then,

“Today morning I went to his house for my daily work. I pressed the button of doorbell many time but no one responded. Then I noticed, the door was not locked so I went inside and I saw Mayank sir on the carpet. I thought he was sleeping, so tried to wake her up, but he didn’t move. I got afraid and called the secretary of building.”

“Did you move his body position when you came in? Please don’t leave any details, if you had moved body please say”, Jayant asked.

“No sir, I didn’t move him just shook his shoulders to wake him up,” She replied and starts crying.

“Ohhhkay….”

“Excuse me sir”, someone called him.

He turned back, and a man was standing in-front of the crowd.

“My name is Suhas Tendulkar, and I am the secretary of this building. Sir, such incident have never happened before; our building is very reputed in this area”, He said.

Jayant nodded and said, “Did you inform his parents?”

“No sir, his parents died in accident. He has an uncle in village. We informed him today.”

“Hmmm, does his friends came to his house?” Jayant asked.

“No sir, I never saw any friend coming to his house”, Suhas replied.

After some time, the ambulance came and took the body to the hospital for autopsy.

Jayant stayed some more time and collected Mayank’s details.

He was working in a IT company. He was very smart and had been living here for past 1 year. He stayed alone in the flat. Also, he never addicted to any drug and alcohol. In society everyone likes his personality. As per his friends who knew him, he didn’t face any problem. So, overall there is no need for suicide.

Jayant left the building with details and conversations coming in his mind.

“I’ve to wait for the post mortem report, before continuing investigation”, he thought while going back to police station.

 TO BE CONTINUED...


- Shubham Avhad

Comments

Post a Comment