The Incident

The Incident 





A full blue moon hanging in the deep scary midnight. Stars are scattered in the sky. Me and my wife, Shreya are speeding on the highway. The cold wind wafted through window from Shreya’s side.

“Hey, close the window. It’s too cold in the car and you know I have migraine,” I said.

“Oh yes, really sorry,” she replied by closing the window. “Let’s have some hot tea.”

“Yeah, I think its better idea,” I cheered. Then we went ahead, stopped at the chai tapri and had two cups of tea.

“Dada, can you please tell me how far Lonavala is from here?” I asked to tea vendor.

“It will take you at least two more hours and yes the next road is a ghat, so drive carefully,” he replied.

“Yes sure,” Shreya said.

“Thank you, let’s go” I said. We both got in and started the car.

“Veer, you know that today is the full moon and ghosts live on the roads of such ghats,” she cautioned.

“What, don’t say anything like that,” I raged.

“And, if those ghosts catches anyone, they don’t leave easily,” she whispered.

“Wow! Then I’ll hand you over to them,” I giggled. Suddenly we heard a car horn. That car is right behind our car. The driver was constantly blowing the horn. He increased the speed of his car, overtook us and drove on.

“Who the hell he was?” Shreya yelled.

“Hey, calm down, leave it,” I said.

After a while we entered that ghat road.

“Look, this is the way that tea vendor told you,” Shreya asked. “And now drive slowly.”

“Yes, my darling,” I said joyfully. “Once we arrive let’s celebrate our honeymoon so romantically.” I took her hand in mine and kissed her hand gently.

And at that moment Shreya suddenly shouted loudly, “Look in front Veer.” I looked and quickly push the brakes. We both get out of the car and saw a lady standing in front of our car. She collapsed. There were many wounds on her body. There was a lot of blood coming from her head and her face covered with all that blood. Shreya and I were terrified to see her.

The lady started to cry and begged, “Please help me, please help.”

“Yes, yes but what happened to you?” asked Shreya.

“My husband got drunk and drove a car into the rocks and my little baby is in the car too. Would you please bring him out?” she begged again.

“Don’t worry, we’ll bring your baby. You stay here,” I said.

We both went to find that car into the bushes. When we saw that car, we get to know that there was a same car that had overtaken us before few hours. The car was in a very bad condition. We both get close to the car and opened the door. We were both scared and shocked to see the same lady who were in front of our car and begged for help. Both the lady and her husband had died. The little baby was repeatedly crying in the arms of that lady. Fortunately, the baby had no any injuries. We picked up that little one and brought it out.

- Shubham Avhad




Comments

Post a Comment