Girl in the Rain

Girl in the Rain




          I was coming home on a bike. Just then a drop of water fell on my nose. I accelerated the bike. The rain was increasing with the speed of the bike. The heavy rain made everything in front disappear. And it was hard to ride. I stopped the bike under a Gulmohar tree which stood generously by the road side, shedding flowers all over the place, making the ground blood red. The clothes were wet and mobile also dead. There was only one last chewing gum in the pocket. I took that and then stood staring at the raindrops falling on the moving vehicles. 
          After a while, a girl came running with an beautiful umbrella and stopped under the same tree. Despite having an umbrella, she was very wet. From her clothes she looked like a simple girl. She was wearing a green kurti and yellow leggings and a loosely tied hair; she looked amazing without any makeup. Her grey jacket also suited on her. The earrings she wore looked beautiful on her. The raindrops on her face shone like pearls. And I was fascinated by the scent of her perfume. She was flaunting her beauty in her own way. I just kept looking at her and the thunder shone in the sky. She looked up at the sky.

"I don't think the rain will stop soon," she said with a frown on her forehead.

"Yeah, that's it looks like" I said. Just then her mobile rang. She pulled the mobile out of her purse and picked. "Oh Mom, I'm coming, but I'm stuck in the rain and I want to go to the market also. So, I will come soon." she replied. Then she hung up the call. When I looked at her sandals, felt that they were broken.

"Excuse me, your sandals are broken," I said curiously. "You can repair it at the nearest market here."

"Yes, that's why I want to go to the market," she replied with her gorgeous smile.

After a while the rain subsided. I took the bike on the road and "Okay bye" I said with starting the bike.

"Can you drop me off at the next market?" she asked eagerly. "My sandals are broken so I can't walk"

"Oh yeah, no problem," I said happily.

She put her beautiful umbrella between the two of us and sat on the bike. I started the bike.

"What do you do?" I asked.

"I am a lawyer and work as an assistant with a reputed lawyer," she said proudly.

"It's great," I said with my surprise thoughts.

"Wow! Look that rainbow," she said excitedly. "My mother always says that when one beautiful thing goes away, another beautiful thing comes up again."

"So the rain goes and the rainbow comes, right?" I questioned. Just her mobile rings again and she didn't pick the call.

"That's it! Stop here, the market is here now," she said. I stopped the bike.

"Market came too early," I said in my mind. She got off the bike.

"Thank you so much for your help," she said honestly. Then she mingled with the market crowd. But I realized that, her mother was true, when one beautiful thing goes away, another beautiful thing comes up again. And I went home with the beautiful umbrella she left behind.

- Shubham Avhad

Comments

Post a Comment